Tuesday, September 15, 2009

From Debbie

Thank you for the sweet message on Stan and hearing his voice again. Yes, we will continue the work until the end of our days... because God is still with us and still in control. I am referring to Oasis. The church is growing and God is moving. Last Sunday was the first year anniversary of his death. I didn't preach because I knew I couldn't get through it. August has been a hard month for me. I was ordained 2times on Aug. 9th. (once by Elim and the other by the Mexican equivalent.) It was a bitter sweet day. On Aug. 16, Robbie and Pat Evans were with us. (Remember Robbie did the funeral.) Stan was in their wedding and we have been friends for 35 yrs. They preached at Oasis and also took Justin and I out to dinner the night before. Then on Aug. 23rd, we baptized 31 people. This was the first time I had done that. It was always Stan. Another bitter sweet event. And then last Sunday---- you could hear sobbing throughout the service. He is greatly missed by us.

One thing you forgot to mention on your blog...how much Stan loved. He loved me very much, and our kids. He loved Mexico and Mexicans. He loved his family and total strangers. Stan simply loved. You could mistreat him, betray him or anything else, and he still loved. I have seen him with a broken heart by unkind words, or unkind people, and after he cried, prayed, he loved again. The people in our church always say he HAD the fruit of the spirit in him ( Gal. 5:22) love, joy, peace, patience...etc. I learned a lot from him, lessons that I need now to continue in his steps.

I miss him terribly. I always will. And I will always love him......

From John - Debbie is right Stan loved her and the kids very much. Stan told me so several times when I talked to him those last weeks. One of the last conversations that I had with Stan was about Debbie and the kids. Stan was a loving husband, father, brother, cousin, friend, Pastor and man.

No comments: