Thursday, December 3, 2009

Can he Swim Yet

When I was young I remember going fishing as a family. Mom, daddy and the three girls. I remember one time going to a park with big trees and a lake, for some reason I think it was in Jacksonville. Daddy would take off and be gone fishing around the lake. I would stay with the girls and fish close to mom. Then one day it was just me and daddy going fishing. I don’t remember when, but I asked daddy why mom and the girls didn’t go fishing with us anymore. Daddy said that they only went to watch me, so that I didn’t fall in the water and drown. If you knew daddy this made perfect sense to him. Then I knew why he was after me to take swimming lessons. Once he knew that I could swim, he didn’t need anyone to watch me. I should tell you that I fell into the water a lot. I think that daddy missed the point of the family going together. I wish that he would have taken mom and the girls, it was a lot more fun and I liked being with the whole family.

No comments: