Thursday, August 6, 2009

THE VIEW IS FINE FROM UP HERE

When Darrell was very young, he came up missing over at mom and daddy’s house. Everyone was looking for him. Nobody could find him... Then someone looked up, and there Darrell was, at the top of the television antenna, watching us. I think he thought that it was funny. I can’t remember who, but someone started to climb up the antenna to get him. That is when Daddy yelled to stop... Daddy said that it would be safer for Darrell to come down on his own. Well he came down and everyone was relieved. Kids!!!

Years later mom took Darrell to the new White Oaks mall. They were on the second floor. Mom said that She took her eyes off Darrell for just a minute and when she looked back Darrell had climbed up on the rail and was just setting there looking over the rail at the people below.... It would not have taken a whole lot for him to fall to the first floor. I wasn’t there, but I bet mom let out a scream that could have been heard all over the mall. Mom said that she grabbed his arm and pulled him back to safety. I bet Darrell doesn’t even know that his grandma Cox saved his life.

I guess he just liked the view from up there......

1 comment:

John David said...

He always was the crazy one! Great story. This is the first chance I've had to read your blog. I love it!