Sunday, June 21, 2009

Why I know Daddy is in Heaven




Back in the fall of 1982 when daddy was in the hospital for the last time, Vicky and I were concerned about his salvation. I can't remember who suggested it, but my money is on Vicky.. We asked the Pastor of Bunn Park Christian Church, Pastor Eric, to go see Daddy to talk to him about salvation. Well. I was not prepared for what Pastor Eric told us.. First he said that we had nothing to worry about, Daddy was saved as a young man and that Daddy was going to be with the Lord. I never knew of my dad to go to Church, or talk about his relationship with Jesus. He did tell me one time that you did not have to go to church to know god. I just didn't know what he was talking about. Pastor Eric went on to tell us that when Daddy was in the war and he had young men that he knew were going to die that he would share Jesus with them and lead them to the Lord. Pastor Eric said that daddy told him how he believed that all should come to Jesus and that he felt responsible to tell these young men that they would going to die and go to hell unless they received Jesus as their savor. Based on this Godly man's account of his conversation with my dad, I know that daddy is in heaven with the men that he lead to the Lord.

1 comment:

David Durham said...

Johnny,

Nice to see these pics..This is they way I remember your dad and mom.


David