Thursday, July 2, 2009

Mom's Fried Potatoes

I loved mom's fried potatoes! I took what I saw her do and started frying my own. I leave out the onions when I make them... Mom loved onions.

Name of Recipe: John’s Fried Potatoes

Ingredients:

10 medium red potatoes (enough to fill frying pan)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
Salt
Pepper
Onions (optional)

Directions:

You will need a large frying pan with a tight lid. Remove skins of potatoes. Cut potatoes into medium cubs and place in a bowl. Do not soak the potatoes in water. Place frying pan on burner and set heat on medium. Let pan heat up. Do not add oil to a cold pan. Add oil to pan and let oil heat up. Carefully add potatoes to pan. Optional: Add onions, salt and pepper to taste.

Turn potatoes until all are thoroughly coated with oil. Cover and let cook. Check every 3 or 4 minutes and turn potatoes. Remove lid when potatoes start to turn brown. Finishing cooking with lid removed. Drain potatoes on paper towels and serve hot.

Note: You do not need a large amount of oil, just enough that when you turn the potatoes they have a thin coat of oil over their surface.

Video Quality is bad, but this one has video of mom cooking.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Love the video...I don't care if it's bad I still love it.

Pamela said...

Just a reminder if my dad asks you to come over for breakfast and he will make is potato's make sure mom makes to eggs...Love you dad :-)

Anonymous said...

Johnny,

My mom and I were talking yesterday about your mom and dad. She recalled him loving squirrel and even more, the brains. I remember not wanting to eat that. lol

David