Monday, July 6, 2009

The Mummy




I remember being at Aunt Alma’s house, on Elliott Ave, when I was very young and Daddy coming to see us kids. I can’t remember if the four of us were staying there or if we were staying somewhere else. When daddy came to see us he reminded me of the Mummy from the old pictures. All covered in bandages. Someone told me when I was older that Daddy had been electrocuted and burnt badly while working in the mine. I do remember that it really scared me. Years later Daddy did tell me that he lost all his teeth from the electricity killing the nerves in the teeth.

From Bonnie - Daddy was hurt when dynamite blew up in his face. All us kids stayed at Aunt Alma's house because mom was in the hospital. Daddy was electrocuted another time... Daddy came to see us at Aunt Alma's and that is when John saw him looking like a mummy.

Thanks Bonnie... Love brother John

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Computers have been really good to me too.